Monday, October 31, 2005

Fabulous news and lots of thank yous

The binder gods have smiled upon my chaotic, disorganized classroom! A HUGE thank you to everyone has inquired about how they could help, offered to donate, and asked around at their places of work. A woman responded to one of my craigslist posts and rounded up about 40 binders at her office. Not only did she give me all these like-new binders, but she also DELIVERED them to my school! She recruited one of her friends to help her drag them on carts on the subway all the way uptown on their lunch break! These two women are saints. Who says New Yorkers are cold and mean?

So for now, I think I'm more or less set with binders for now. I may be coming up a couple short, but I can buy those myself or take another run through storage rooms in my school in search of a few more. Again though, thank you so much for your interest and willingness to help out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found a bunch of binders. I was just about to yell at you for not taking dad up on the free MN materials exchange site offer!

Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger AHMoore said...

Nice work JLeek- you have inspired me to do the same next year. I have to find some ways to cut down on classroom costs considering that I spend more money on my kids than I save for my retirement.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home