Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I'm just going to lay it all out there. I am in a severely shitty mood right now. I am SO sick of looking at apartments, and I am tired of living out of a couple suitcases in Nitin's place.

How many shared apartments have I looked at? How many randoms off of craigslist have I met? How many times now have I THOUGHT that I had an apartment and was on my way to being settled? The answer to all of these questions is, "TOO MANY." I am SO flexible! How can this be so difficult? I'm willing to have an 8x8 room with a closet in the hallway. I'm willing to live in the lower 100s- what many consider to be just a little too shady. I'm willing to live without a dishwasher, elevator, or laundry in the building. I'm willing to share an apartment with total strangers. I'm willing to pay up to $1000/month. I'm quiet. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. People who meet me like me. I CANNOT understand why this has to be so fucking complicated.

I don't want to live with a stripper or roommates I'm not allowed to meet until I sign the lease. I don't want to sleep in the living room. I don't want to live in a place where I get 10 cat calls in the 20 seconds after I leave the apartment. I don't want dorm-style housing. I will not share a studio. I will not live somewhere where I'm confined to my room because the living room and kitchen are "not for share." And I will not do sexual favors in exchange for reduced rent. Who the hell are these people, and why are they making my housing search so miserable? $1000 should buy me more than that. Fine. I'm in NYC. NYC is expensive. But I'm more than doubling what I was willing to spend in DC, and I don't think that my search perameters are all that choosy.

Brokers are shady and weasley. Craigslist people are unreliable or perverted. TFA friends were unreliable and dramatic. And I am homeless.

I have to go now. I'm heading out in search of an "I (heart) NYC" t-shirt to wear with my delightful mood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zimmy said...

I know how you feel. Why does it have to be so difficult? It really bothers me that some people never resond when I email them about their places!

Good luck! You'll find something soon...and at least you have a place to stay until you do find something!

Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home