Monday, August 29, 2005

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!

I signed on an apartment!!! (insert giddy dancing)

With the help of a craigslist ad posted by my very dedicated boyfriend, I was able to find a roommate (who is actually also in TFA) and get an apartment a couple days later. We're converting a one-bdrm in a 'luxury' bldg to a two-bdrm by putting up a nifty temporary wall. Most exciting parts: 12-minute WALK to work, 8-minute walk to the subway OR free shuttles to 2 subway stations; free workout facility; laundry room; nice, QUIET courtyard ('quiet' is not a word ever used to describe ANYthing in NYC, so I'm excited about this little sanctuary.)Aaaaaaaaand... we'll each pay just over $900/mo. I would have fallen over in shock at the idea of paying that kind of rent in Madison or DC, but this is a steal for Manhattan. I think it's cheaper because it's on the Upper East Side/Spanish Harlem border, so it's closer to some shadier neighborhoods. But I feel fine walking around there, and I've talked to females my age that live there and have had no problems at all.

I'm VERY happy. I'm probably moving in on Friday. And for those of you who may have forgotten, (NITIN!!!) that's just two days after my Wednesday, August 31st birthday. I'm turning 24, and it's freaking me out a bit, but that's fine. Very exciting week ahead folks, very exciting. :)

Oh! Before I forget, I'm also in the market for an mp3 player (so I can listen to music while working out in my fabulous new apt :). I know ipods are the favorite, but I want to do some research before jumping on that bandwagon. Please let me know if you have an ipod or any other mp3 player, whether you like it, and why. Very much appreciated.

In other, more education-related news, I still have not heard from my awesome principal. She does not respond to voicemails or emails, so I'm curious what her preferred method of communication is. Perhaps a signing telegram. Something like, "Tell Jenny what she's teaching. She really needs to know. How's she supposed to plan well when you're a silly ho?" Err.... maybe not. I don't actually think she's a silly ho, but it rhymed, so I ran with it. I may just try to go to the school tomorrow and ask around to see if anyone can tell me where my classroom is. I'm so excited to see it and set it up!!!

Alright, I should run. Lots of work to do. Rules, consequences, procedures, units, lessons... oh my! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Zimmy said...

Yay for finding a place to live!
Speaking of signing a lease. I don't think I told you about my little rendezvous with my new landlord. It involved him picking me up from a metro station in his car, finding a place to park, and then going over the lease. It was so shady. I felt like I was dealing drugs or something, especially when I had to write him two very large checks.
My thoughts on your mp3 player choice, go for the ipod. You know I love mine.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you ever worry that your boss may be reading your blog?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home