Saturday, May 28, 2005

Sad, productive day

I'm kind of depressed right now. All of my coworkers/friends/some of the most fun and interesting people I know- are all on a four-day roadtrip to Detroit. Sure it's just Detroit, and I haven't heard rave reviews about the city, but they're headed to a huge music festival and they'll be staying at one of their parents' houses, where they'll lounge in the hot tub, watch movies, and eat a lot. These are all things that I would really enjoy. I was supposed to be a part of this adventure, but the reasonable side of me decided that it would be a bad idea. I have a lot of shit to get done before I move in T minus 22 days, so I backed out of the trip, believing that I really needed this long holiday wknd to get myself together. I still think that I probably made the right call, as I look at my to-do list, but that doesn't make me any happier about it.

I studied for my exams all day today, and during my breaks, I called a few more schools to try to set up my classroom visits, went running, and cleared my closet of all my unwanted, beat-up clothes, in preparation for the move. So, I got a lot done, and I still have a lot more studying and reading to do, but I'm sad to be missing out on all the fun. :(

1 Comments:

Blogger AHMoore said...

You were missed JLeeK, you were missed.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home