Friday, April 29, 2005

Hostility

I apologize for the delay in my updates. According to my site meter, I have more fingers than viewers so far, so I didn't think anyone would care much if I let it slide for a bit. :) Obviously, I was wrong. This crazed 'Nitin' character seems to be just dyyyying to know what's going on in my TFA saga.

Which brings me to my reason for not posting. Nothing is really happening. I have to submit a résumé so TFA can distribute it to principals. I'll submit it today or tomorrow, after I add some finishing touches. (Like the $12,000 grant I just won for the Literacy Through Photography program!!! YEAH!!!!)

In June and August, I will take two four-hour exams that tell the the NYC Dept. of Ed whether I'm competant enough to teach. I've heard people joke before about these exams being ridiculously easy. But I've also read the NYCTF message boards where fellows have posted, saying that they're fairly difficult. I've developed an intense math phobia over the last 5 years, so I anticipate that at least PART of these exams will be tough for me. Hopefully, I can adequately prepare myself over the next month and a half.

I also need to get re-immunized (ie. SHOTS- another phobia, but not quite as daunting as numbers).

Other than that, there's just a lot of waiting. Waiting for the week-long regional induction in June, waiting for training to start the following week, waiting to hear from principals. And, in the meantime, trying to figure out what I'll do with my (not so) valuable belongings for the month that I'm training in Philly, but still wondering where in NYC I'll be assigned. I'm not that worried about it yet. I'll figure something out.

On a much more exciting note, I'm stalking up on BOOOOKS!!! The non-profit I work at is having its annual used book sale, and we're allowed to take a bunch for ourselves. So I've gathered some of my favorite titles from my youth to build up a classroom library. :)

VERY IMPORTANT REQUEST: Middle school-level books tend to be very divided between 'boy books' and 'girl books.' I've got the girl books covered, but I'm having a hard time picking out good boy books. PLEASE OFFER SUGGESTIONS IF YOU HAVE ANY! Guys, what books did you enjoy in middle school? (or late elementary school because my students will most likely be a bit behind). And girls with any knowledge on the matter, (Jennifer, Caryn, Alyssa...), please comment or email me!

Also, since this blog is still in its infancy and doesn't have a following or 'voice' yet, I reserve the right to post about whatever I want. (Maybe or maybe not education or TFA-related.) I might occassionally decide to post about random thoughts or observations. Just an FYI.

Thank you for your time.
(and a special thank you to CHAD, for his positive, non-harassing comments and his patience. What a kind, supportive individual! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nitin said...

Does anyone else think she is a loser for spelling resume "résumé?"

Friday, April 29, 2005 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger notawidget said...

re·sume v. re·sumed, re·sum·ing, re·sumes
v.
To begin or take up again after interruption: resumed our dinner.
To assume, take, or occupy again: The dog resumed its post by the door.
To take on or take back again: resumed my original name.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:21:00 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

nitin, i think you are a loser for not knowing how to spell résumé.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 4:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home