Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Poetry from today's prep period

Anger

The bubble that forms in my throat
As I take a deep breath and blink back
Tears of indescribable frustration.

The tightening sensation around my heart
As I watch those who won’t let me
Help them help themselves.

The tensing of every muscle in my jaw
As I stand before someone
Who thinks what I have to say is a waste.

The boiling emotion that dwells deep down
As I run through plans A-Z,
Watching each fall short.

The hollow feeling that overwhelms me
As I listen to my students show and tell me
That they do not care.

The fading desire to hold my head and hopes high
As they prove again and again that
Their future seems to matter more to me than to them.

The deep breath I have to take
As I watch the garbage that pollutes my students’ minds.
Don’t let it take you over. Rise above it. You’re better.

The racing heartbeat that picks up
As I feel myself believe so strongly
In people who don’t seem to believe in themselves.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for you my brother
the unwanted struggler
holding your head high
under a crumbly sky
wondering why good folks die young
live hard carry tons of emotions
...
now listen closely
there's nothing wrong with you
you are what you're supposed to be
beautiful, intelligent, heaven-sent
ready, set, let go of all the words that hurt you

-- the beautiful, abyssinan creole

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,you're doing good in this world,you're believing in them .A great indian musician ustad bismillah khan has said,'If you dedicate yourself to what you love.If you practise it sincerely,you will loose all fear.'

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 12:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home